RingTrue™ Alignment Tool II MSRP: $47.95
HIGHPOWEROptics Sale Price: $42.95 – 10% off
MFR Part #: RTAT02
The RingTrue™ Alignment Tool II is a reticle and target alignment multi-tool allows you to easily:
- Align the scope reticle to the rifle bore or to the receiver – you choose the method.
- Align the anti-cant indicator to the reticle or turret.
- Align targets to vertical/horizontal – Now includes a bulldog clip for attaching to paper targets!
- Check/confirm reticle alignment to scope body.
It’s a scope alignment multi-tool!
This lightweight leveling instrument includes a spirit level that is accurately aligned to the vertical reference lines and edges of the tool. It includes an elastic shock cord for securing the RingTrue™ Alignment Tool II to the rifle scope during scope alignment. It also includes a bulldog clip for securing the tool to paper targets while attaching them to stands.
Don’t be deceived by the low price. We use innovative manufacturing methods to keep the price low. The RingTrue™ Alignment Tool II is a highly accurate instrument. It enables proper scope alignment for all types of shooting, especially long-range shooting. This product has a lifetime guarantee against defects.
When the RingTrue™ Alignment Tool II used to align your scope reticle to the rifle bore, it will eliminate range-dependent aiming errors. It does this by aligning the reticle axis (or elevation turret axis) so that it passes through the bore of the rifle.
When the RingTrue™ Alignment Tool II is used to align an anti-cant indicator, increasing the reticle elevation will put all shots on a vertical line, instead of a tilted line.
These types of aiming errors are illustrated in the Additional Information Tab.
Other “levelers” and scope alignment levels are assembled using injection molded parts that fit together with loose tolerances. The RingTrue™ Alignment Tool II has precisely machined square edges and etched scope alignment marks. It is hand calibrated on an accurate surface plate, and the spirit level is guaranteed accurate to within +/-30 minutes of arc. Typical accuracy is +/-15 minutes of arc (0.25 degree). This high level of accuracy is most important when aligning an anti-cant indicator to the rifle scope.
When inverted, the RingTrue™ Alignment Tool II becomes an accurate level for plumbing any horizontal or vertical surface, such as turret knob, cap, housing, etc. It is the most accurate spirit level available for $43 and will enable you to align the anti-cant indicator to within +/-30 minutes of arc (0.5 degree). With the RingTrue™ Alignment Tool II, no other levels are needed to align your scope.
Reticle Alignment Process.
Aligning the reticle to the receiver. This is the most common method of reticle alignment and is sufficient for shooting up to about 500 yds.
- Secure the RingTrue™Alignment Tool II to a flat edge of the receiver. Usually, the top or the side of the receiver is accessible. Rotate the rifle is until the spirit level on the alignment tool is level, and then secure the rifle in this position.
- Remove the RingTrue™Alignment Tool II from the barrel and secure it in place on the turret or turret cap, or against the turret housing. The shock cord allows the scope to be held firmly in place. Rotate the scope is until the turret assembly is level. When the tool is inverted it will stand on any flat, horizontal surface, such as the top of a turret knob or cap. The tool can also be placed against any flat edge on the turret body. At this point the ring cap screws are tightened using a torque wrench, while checking that the scope does not rotate.
Aligning the reticle to the rifle bore. This is the most accurate method of reticle alignment for long-range shooting.
- Align the RingTrue™Alignment Tool II to the barrel and objective bell. The symmetric lines engraved on the RingTrue™ tool enable it to be quickly and precisely centered on the objective bell. The double-stick tape on the back of the tool holds it in place against the objective bell. Rotate the rifle is until the spirit level on the alignment tool is level, and then secure the rifle in this position.
- Remove the RingTrue™Alignment Tool II from the barrel and secure it in place on the turret or turret cap, or against the turret housing. The shock cord allows the scope to be held firmly in place. Rotate the scope is until the turret assembly is level. The tool can also be placed against any flat edge on the turret body. At this point the ring cap screws are tightened using a torque wrench, while checking that the scope does not rotate. The RingTrue™Alignment Tool II will reduce reticle misalignment to less than +/-0.5 degree.
In some scopes there may be a small alignment error between the reticle axes and the turret axes. In this case, the final reticle alignment process depends on the type of elevation adjustment that will be used. The boresight reticle alignment process we just described makes the turret axis pass through the center of the bore. This method is preferred when the turrets are dialed for elevation.
If instead a bullet drop compensated (BDC) reticle is used for elevation, align the reticle to a plumb line or level line located at least 20 ft in front of the rifle. Simply draw a straight line on a piece of paper and attach the RingTrue™ Alignment Tool II using the supplied bulldog clip, so that the line on the paper is parallel to the lines printed on the tool. Then plumb the target as you attach it to a vertical surface.
Proudly made in North Carolina. US patent #9,115,957