Our RingTrue™ scope installation process covers
Most people skip the boresighting process and immediately install the rifle scope. Doing this leads to numerous problems with point-of-aim drift, poor optical performance, limited reticle adjustment range, and excessively lapped rings that don’t fit your scope. The RingTrue™ installation process guides you through the boresighting, ring lapping, scope alignment and zeroing process. Compared to other methods, the RingTrue™ process provides these benefits:
- Installation and boresighting at one location, without having to take the rifle outside to look down the bore.
- Accurate measurement of base and ring alignment errors so that scope alignment problems can be properly diagnosed.
- Scope installation without scratching your scope tube. Our alignment telescope takes the abuse of boresighting; our RingTrue™ tape protects your scope tube.
- Stress-free scope mounting. RingTrue™ tape provides 100% contact between the ring and tube surface, which minimizes point-of-aim changes.
- Ring lapping without removing excessive ring material. Rings are properly aligned to each other and fit the scope after lapping.
- Proper boresighting, installation, alignment and optical zeroing – quickly, reliably and with the minimum number of tools.
- Proper reticle alignment for long range shooting. Eliminates canting errors due to reticle not being properly aligned to the rifle bore.
- Compact, portable and lightweight tools that minimize return shipping costs.